The smartest modular I/O system
- Most compact in the market (84 mm high)
- Easy set-up, backup and restore functions
- Diagnostics and preventive maintenance data at I/O level
- Detachable terminal blocks allow hot-swapping without re-wiring
- 3-wire connection with 'push-in' technology, no screwdriver required for installation
- Minimize engineering time
- Troubleshoot rapidly
- Schedule maintenance to prevent breakdowns
Transparent communicationOpen for communication by open standards
- PROFINET IO: Built-in Ethernet switch and MRP ring redundancy.
- PROFIBUS DP: FDT-DTM for easy access to all intelligence in SmartSlice.
- DeviceNet: The industrial CAN protocol. Efficient and Robust.
- CompoNet: Plug-and-work. No setup required.
- MECHATROLINK-II: For integration in motion control systems.
- EtherCAT: For Trajexia and Sysmac controllers.
No need to stopReliable 3-piece construction enabling you to swap modules during operation, without rewiring. All I/O unit data can be backed up in the bus interface unit at the flick of a switch. Recovery is even simpler; after hot-swapping a unit, all settings are automatically loaded.
No tools requiredEasy push in wiring for quick installation. The SmartSlice terminal blocks provide fast and reliable screwless clamp connections.
- Reduce engineering time
- Plan preventative maintainance
- Increase your productivity
CalendarSmart I/O can store the last date on which you performed maintenance. A better overview will help you plan maintenance more efficiently.
CounterSmart I/O units all keep track of duration and number of operations, to help you plan machine maintenance. Timely warnings to inspect and adjust the machine will minimise unplanned downtime.
Volt meterSmart I/O monitors its own supply voltage, and will warn you if the voltage is out of safe range - e.g. due to damaged cable or poor connection.
StopwatchSmart I/O can measure delays between two I/O signals with millisecond accuracy. When your preset limit is exceeded, Smart I/O will warn you that wear or lack of lubrication has reduced machine performance.
CalculatorSmart Analog I/O performs data pre-processing to help you reduce PLC programming. Scaling and alarms, and even totalising or rate-of-change calculations are handled inside the unit.
CataloguesShow all catalogues
DatasheetsShow all datasheets
Device description files
Software toolsShow all software tools
Newsletters about product innovations, solutions and services, directly in your inbox.