Are you able to provide supervision on installations and do you have engineering-consultancy-skills? Apply now!
Purpose of the role
As Safety Project Engineer you combine the supervision of installations and engineering consultancy. On the one hand you will ensure customer expectations and Omron budgets are sustained during the installation process, on the other hand you will have sole responsibility to sustain Omron Self delivery projects.
Your homebase will be in Barcelona or Madrid, however, as a Safety Project Engineer you will be travelling around Europe.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Safety Project Engineer will be responsible for leading all aspects of the safety installation process, such as:
- Oversight during machine safety audits and process safety compliance audits at our customer sites (machine safety assessment/risk reduction reviews) to determine level of compliance with local and European regulations and applicable standards;
- Preparing, delivering and presenting reports, analysis and quotations of proposed risk reduction systems to prospective customers;
- Review of proposed designs and qualify suitablity of specifying machine safety system solutions that are accurate and comply with relevant standards and regulations;
- Communicating with the Safety Service Team and with OSSP’s (Omron Safety Solution Partners)
- Ensure strict validation procedures are adhered to with all documentation and authority signatures are attained prior to project close.
The consulting element will support the above task, in addition they will have specific projects:
- Creation of detailed safety requirement specification;
- Development of design drawing for safety control systems;
- Creation of conceptual designs of mechanical guarding;
- Cooperating with local sales organization and Omron Project managers to address key customer issue; with regard to safety compliance and specific site needs;
- Take a share in internal safety standards and procedure management.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor or University degree / Technician Training with 10 years industrial experience;
- Professional Safety certification (e.g. TUV) or in preparation to attain such status;
- Experience in site installation projects for machine safety in, and the related processes and procedures in an industrial environment;
- Experience and knowledge of applicable industrial machinery safety standards (EN, ISO, etc.);
- Strong electrical / controls background associated with industrial machinery;
- Experience and knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic concepts;
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to convert identifiable needs into product solutions;
- Your colleagues see you as: self-driven, target-oriented, punctual and reliable, with high energy, having the ability to multi-task, and manage ever-changing priorities.
- You have strong problem solving mentality and skills;
- You are a team player with strong interpersonal skills and you are also able to work independently;
- Well-developed planning, organization and implementation skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English is required and additional languages would be beneficial;
- In possession of a drivers’ license;
- Has ability to travel on a weekly basis to varying locations around Europe
If you are interested in this job and have the experience and skills we need, please apply through the application form including your resume and motivation letter. If you have any additional questions regarding the position, please do not hesitate to contact Orlando Martins (recruitment_IAB@eu.omron.com).