We are looking for a talented and skilled engineer with innovative and entrepreneur mindset!
Purpose of the role
The Lead / Senior System Test Engineer is responsible for testing ESB’s energy conversation and control products. You will work closely with other system test, software, hardware engineers and you will be independently and take full responsibility for the product testing. If you enjoy designing and implementing cutting edge industry solutions for challenging customer problems, you will love working at ESB’s fun, challenging and creating environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead entire test process an team;
- Lead projects both waterfall / agile;
- Coach engineers within the test team;
- Besides the operational tasks, you are involved in defining the overall test approach, you communicate and report on the progress and provide an independent and substantiated release advice;
- Provide support to both the sales team and the end customer in conjunction with the product management team;
- Proactively follow standards and coordinate certification test activities;
- Acquire and implement knowledge on new test technology / techniques relevant for product development scope;
- Adapt easily to changing situations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Master degree with relevant professional experience;
- Working experience in power electronics, energy monitoring and management products;
- Experience in functional as well non-functional testing and test automation;
- Experience in working with multidisciplinary teams (software, firmware and test engineers);
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an open mind;
- Able to think outside the box: find unexpected ways to solve problems of meet requirements;
- Energetic and flexible personality;
- Self-motivation to keep up with the latest relevant trends, tools and technologies;
- Result oriented team player with a pragmatic and hands-on-attitude;
- Strong communications skills;
- Able to adapt easily to changing situations;
- A passion for achieving customer satisfaction.
We are not looking for perfect candidates, people who tick all our boxes. But we are looking for the right candidates, individuals we feel can assure our customers success. We need people with character, positively minded who are confident of themselves and who can justify their confidence to us.
Working with Omron means working in a dynamic international organisation. In Den Bosch we have our European manufacturing plant, European distribution centre, R&D department, part of the European Product and Industry Marketing department and part of the European MarCom department.
Omron is a global leader in the field of automation based on its core technology of sensing and control. Our business fields range from industrial automation and electronic components to automotive electronic components, social infrastructure systems, healthcare, and environmental solutions. The Environmental Solutions Business (ESB) is one of the top 3 global market players in the area of PV Inverter business. ESB’s main mission is: “Contribute to maximizing our customers’ energy efficiency using our energy conversion and control technologies”. To serve this mission, ESB has developed and will continue to develop, innovative products like PV Inverters, Battery Management Systems, environmental sensors, energy measurement, monitoring and control systems. At our site in Den Bosch -the Netherlands- you will find: marketing, production, repair and logistics facilities together in a truly multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
If you are interested in this job and have the experience and skills we need, please apply through the application form including your resume and motivation letter. If you have any additional questions regarding the position, please do not hesitate to contact Sascha Sanchez (recruitment_IAB@eu.omron.com).