We are looking for a talented and skilled engineer with innovative and entrepreneur mindset.
Purpose of the role
The Lead / Senior Hardware Engineer is responsible for electronic hardware development of ESB’s energy conversation and control products. You will have a diverse scope of tasks primarily from hardware perspective including the analysis of customer requirements, improvements to solutions and implementation of knowledge in new technologies. The job requires you to be able to catalyze and manage entire research and development process within the scope. If you enjoy designing and implementing cutting edge industry solutions for challenging customer problems, you will love working at ESB’s fun, challenging and creating environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the technical development of new electronic hardware design in multidisciplinary and multicultural environment. From system specifications to mass production;
- Take ownership of product design and team planning;
- Lead Projects both waterfall / agile;
- Cooperate with Omron global specialists on design and production preparation;
- Communicate to project stakeholders on design decisions and project status;
- Coach engineers within the project team;
- Acquire and implement knowledge on new technology relevant for Omron;
- Support customers throughout implementation projects in both technical and functional aspects;
- Adapt easily to changing situations with the team;
- Achieve customer satisfaction with passion.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Master degree with relevant professional experience;
- Working experience in power electronics product design and development;
- Working experience of managing contractors & outsourcing partners on content level;
- Corporate project development experience from design, development to manufacturing;
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an open mind;
- Able to think outside the box: find unexpected ways to solve problems of meet requirements;
- Dynamic drive to contribute to a larger goal (building a company).
We are not looking for perfect candidates, people who tick all our boxes. But we are looking for the right candidates; individuals we feel can assure our customers success. We need people with character, positively minded who are confident of themselves and who can justify their confidence to us.
Working with Omron means working in a dynamic, international, multidisciplinary organisation. In Den Bosch we have our European manufacturing plant, European distribution centre, R&D department, part of the European Product and Industry Marketing department and part of the European MarCom department.
Omron is a global leader in the field of automation based on its core technology of sensing and control. Our business fields range from industrial automation and electronic components to automotive electronic components, social infrastructure systems, healthcare, and environmental solution.
The Environmental Solutions Business (ESB) is one of the top 3 global market players in the area of PV Inverter business. ESB’s main mission is: “Contribute to maximizing our customers’ energy efficiency using our energy conversion and control technologies”. To serve this mission, ESB has developed and will continue to develop, innovative products like PV Inverters, Battery Management Systems, environmental sensors, energy measurement, monitoring and control systems.
If you are interested in this job and have the experience and skills we need, please apply through the application form including your resume and motivation letter. If you have any additional questions regarding the position, please do not hesitate to contact Sascha Sanchez (recruitment_IAB@eu.omron.com).