For our Automotive Electronics division (OAE) in Stuttgart, we are looking for a Technical Liaison Engineer f/m.
Purpose of the role
The Technical Support Engineer is the primary technical liaison between Omron Automotive Technologies and the customer’s engineers, technical staff, and purchasing department.
Summary of primary duties and responsibilities
- Technical liaison with customer: determine requirements for product applications, including performance, physical requirements, testing, documentation and quality/warranty levels.
- Communicate and transfer details about customer requirements to Omron organizations.
- Ensure that Omron’s global product engineering team & program managers are aware of customer’s specific requirements.
- Ensure that Omron program management team plans meet the customer requirements and launch timing; act as ‘in region’ program management support.
- Accurately communicate all customer deliverables to the product engineering team, program manager, sales and management.
- Monitor, investigate, and report customer satisfaction levels + customer technical trends (‘roadmap’) and needs.
- Coordinate resolution of technical issues with customer.
- Support product and company presentations with technical, product-related content and propose our technologies and products independently.
- Prepare and coordinate technical documentation for use in meetings and presentations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Dipl.–Ing. (Uni/FH/BA) or comparable.
- At least five (5) years in product design or technical support position within automotive industry. Hardware and Software knowledge is also required.
- Preferably more than seven (7) years in product design or technical support position and having product engineering experience within automotive industry with electro-mechanical or interior products.
- Excellent communication skills in German and English: Written & Spoken.
- Excellent presentation skills for technical presentations especially within the acquisition but also in the project phase.
- General knowledge for supporting tasks regarding:
- Testing compliance with norms / laws
- Verifying feasibility of design specifications
- FMEA Product/Process
- Coordinating benchmark
- Commission patent research / patent registration
- Component testing and validation (HW/SW/Mechanic)
- Zedis / ALM (QC-Ticket-System)
- Computer skills (MS Office, MS Project, Lotus Notes, etc.)
- CAD Skills: Skills in CATIA V5
- Ability/willingness to travel (estimate 30% of work week)
- Ability to interpret policies and communications from principal customers.
- An innovative, international, flexible and dynamic environment.
- An informal atmosphere and personal attention combined with the professionalism of a multinational company.
- Working for a world-class company with high quality and innovative products.
- Attention to personal goals, development plans and international career opportunities.
If you are interested in this job and have the experience and skills we need, please send your resume and motivation letter to Shinya Takenouchi (Managing Director). If you have any questions regarding the position, please do not hesitate to send us an email.